down for the count

I've been meaning to write this post for a few days but there's been a lot going on.

First things first, I've decided to not run a marathon in 2011. I got sick on Wednesday last week, missed even more training and ultimately decided that I didn't want to push my body for three more weeks to run a subpar race. I’m just really, really burnt out. Running hasn’t been fun for a while now and workouts were something that I dreaded. Decent runs were few and far between. Even though I knew it was the right decision (to not run), I was kicking myself since I had decided and wasn't forced to forgo a marathon.  It wasn’t like I had been injured like Emily or Brady. Then Saturday rolled around...

By Saturday I was feeling better and ventured out to meet some of my family at a friend’s place. When it came time for me to leave, my 15 year-old brother didn’t want me to and took my keys. He accidentally dropped them and as I rushed to pick them up, he tackled me (yet somehow landed underneath me) and I landed on his bent knee. Hard. By the bruise that quickly formed and then amount of pain I’m in, I think I cracked my rib. I haven't been to the doctor yet because I have very little desire to get topless in front of a stranger and place my boob against a cold metal plate but I promised my mom I would go if I don't feel better soon. (It actually feels like it's getting worse).   I’ve been able to manage the pain with ibuprofen but sneezing, laughing, coughing, getting in and out of my car or using my upper body at all is extremely painful.

To further complicate things, on Monday I was informed that my immediate supervisor was “no longer with the company.” Yikes. I immediately went from moderately overwhelmed to excessively stressed. No sleep was had on Monday night.

All I want right now are tator tots and a bottle of decent red wine. Both are known to speed healing of cracked ribs and ease stress so tonight you'll find my feet moving forward to Bulldog in Northeast.

Run for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

race recap: Freedom Fun Run 5k

14 weeks to run a PR?

race recap: pensacola beach run 10k